HELP! Security System Trouble ?

Ademco/Honeywell Vista 20P Kit Incl. Panel, 6160 Keypad, Battery, Sir
Ok.. so... my grandmother just move in with us... so I assigned her a new code. I went by the book and everything. I go to show her how to work it, and I set the alarm to STAY mode. I allow it to arm, then open a door to show her how to disarm the system. I open the door..... NOTHING. The system just sits there in STAY mode. I don't get a "beep... beep... beep..." that I usually get, yet when I disarm the system... I can open the door and still get a chime. Any thoughts? The keypad is a Honeywell/Ademco Vista Series VISTA-20P


Best answer:
Have you tested the door before, when in the STAY mode? If there is not a malfunction, the door contact may be on the circuit that is bypassed when in STAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails